Friday, November 19, 2010

Roberts Street Social Centre

Roberts Street Social Centre, the Inkstorm screen-printing shop is at the
back door and the shack I slept in is to the right behind the fence


pull number 854



Interior and exterior of the cozy shack that was my home during my residency.




I just had my photo's from my trip to Halifax developed. I was there for two weeks in the end of September and beginning of October. I had a residency with the Inkstorm Screen-printing shop at the Roberts Street Social Centre. I slept in a tiny tiny little shack behind the centre and I loved every minute of my time in Halifax (except any time that I had to spend at Kinkos). If you are ever there you should visit the immense zine library (a collection of over 3000) at the Social Centre.

During my residency I screen-printed a 7 page book that is an edition of 7. Then I moved on to my major major project. I screen-printed 440, 4 color wrap covers for my book 'So I've Been Told' that Conundrum Press has published. I started off with 500 and made a mere 60 mistakes, not bad. I have never taken on a printing job that big before. I got it done thanks to the awesome people at Inkstorm who stretched some new screens for me and provided me with a fantastic facility.






No comments: